What is EquatIO?
EquatIO, from TextHelp, is a tool aimed at those studying maths and other STEM subjects. The software, which works as a Google chrome extension, allows the user to easily enter mathematical and scientific equations as well as other mathamatical figures and graphs.
EquatIO software allows you to create mathematical equations, formulas and more directly on your computer.
Simply type, handwrite or dictate any expression, and EquatIO will convert it to accurate digital maths which can be added into a Microsoft Word doc or G Suite apps with a click.
EquatIO is free for teachers!
This means you can get a premium subscription of our digital maths tool for free!
Develop online instructional materials and engage your students with math like never before - allowing them to show their understanding and develop critical problem solving skills.
Who does EquatIO benefit?
- Easily create maths & science instructional materials to enable students to learn and collaborate together
- Use EquatIO to flip your instruction - giving you increased classroom time to coach and mentor students and more time to provide 1:1 instruction for those students who need it
- Monitor student progress - create formative assessments and quizzes
- Enables teachers to become more of a facilitator instead of adopting a ‘sage on the stage' approach, allowing participation in joint problem solving activities
- Provide equal access to maths and STEM content - including those with learning disabilities and visual impairments in classroom activities alongside their peers
- Engage students with maths in a fully digital way with no tricky or complicated maths languages or coding to learn
- Create active learners instead of passive learners and foster a deeper understanding of and engagement with maths concepts
- Built with UDL principles in mind to support a wide range of learning styles
- Increase engagement through a personalised learning experience, allowing students to demonstrate mastery in multiple ways
- Provide students with choice in how they demonstrate that mastery can increase confidence and empowerment - students become better problem solvers, are more creative and more engaged
- Creative and intuitive maths integration for Learning Management Systems including Canvas, Schoology, and Brightspace D2L
- EquatIO works where you work - in Google Docs, Forms & Sheets, Microsoft Word and PDF’s
- Designed for use across all year groups - a one-stop-shop for all your maths and STEM tools - it can also be used for chemistry and physics subjects too
- EquatIO helps create independent learners and allows students to create digital math to show their understanding and develops higher order thinking skills
- Built with UDL principles in mind to allow for multiple input methods including Desmos graphing
- Generate graphs, manipulative worksheets, and create opportunities for collaboration on instructional design between teachers and head of maths department
- Create mathspaces to push out and share with as many teachers across your school / MAT / LEA
Features - at a glance
The EquatIO toolbar is packed full of features to make digitising maths easier:
Create your maths and science expressions by typing right into the editor. Use Prediction to insert fractions, exponents, operators, formulas, chemical symbols, and more.
For more advanced users, use LaTeX to create math expressions and add them directly into digital documents.
Create and customise single or multiple graphs, plot ordered pairs or tables of points and more, with this tool powered by Desmos graphing calculator.
Handwrite maths expressions using a touchscreen device or mouse pointer.
Dictate equations and formulas aloud. EquatIO understands what you’re saying, turning your spoken input to written expressions.
A mobile companion that enables you to use your phone or tablet to insert handwritten math, spoken maths or images into your document.
A super-smart collaborative workspace for your Chrome browser that enables you and your students to make maths together, bringing mathematics to life for the whole class.
Turn any equation across the web into accessible, editable maths with the EquatIO Screenshot Reader. Simply take a screenshot of the inaccessible equation to convert it into accessible maths, which will automatically be read aloud.