- Reads Microsoft Word, Adobe Reader, OpenOffice/LibreOffice, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer with speech and highlighting so you can follow the text as it is read out by high-quality human-sounding speech.
- Reads text in email, webpages, and any other program you want by selecting with the mouse, pointing with the mouse, or capturing from the screen.
- Read paper documents with scanning (OCR). ClaroRead Plus and Pro only.
- Reads English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Swedish and twenty-four other languages with 80 different voices and accents so you can listen to a voice you like.
- Choose highlighting by word, by sentence, any colour, and lots of combinations so you can get just the right one for you.
- Suggest words as you type to help with spelling and writing.
- Choice of high-frequency, many subject-specific, and huge prediction dictionaries.
- Phonetic prediction – type “n”, see “knowledge” suggested.
- Learn new predictions as you type or train it in a particular subject.
Dragon Professional – Dictation
- Control Dragon’s microphone using ClaroRead’s Dictate button, so you only need one floating toolbar on your screen.
- Echo back text automatically, as soon as Dragon recognises it, so you can check that it has been recognised correctly.
- ClaroRead Plus and Pro only (Dragon software is not included).
- Write down the text you speak using the dictation feature.
- Listen back to your text after you have written – hear mistakes you can’t spot when you read.
- Listen to each word or sentence as you type so you can hear mistakes immediately.
- Speaking spellcheck lets you select the word you want by hearing the alternatives.
- Support for homophones and easily-confused words like “there” and “their” and “they’re” including images to help you select the correct word.
- Advanced phonetic, dyslexic and problem spelling corrections like “neel” (kneel) and “necessary”.
- Check anywhere, in email or Google Chrome, not just Microsoft Word.
- Speaking dictionary for any word in any program with over 300,000 English definitions.
- Thesaurus to help with comprehension.
- Change font and text to make it easier to read.
- Change screen colours to reduce contrast and make reading more comfortable.
- Read text into an audio or video file to listen to later (on your phone, on the move, for study).
- Make any text displayed on the screen read aloud, including online eBooks and presentations.
- ClaroRead Plus and Pro only.
- Use industry-leading OmniPage technology to convert printed documents and image files into PDF, Word and many other formats for reading and annotation later.
- Create accessible PDF files with reading order.
Echo Letter Sounds
- Improve spelling by listening the sound of each letter rather than its name.
Pictures in Prediction
- Pictures in word prediction to help you choose the right word.
- ClaroRead Plus and Pro only. See this support article for information about how to unlock the apps.
- Claro ScanPen
Portable USB stick
- Create a portable USB pen drive version of any ClaroRead to let you use it on any computer.