ClaroRead Plus for Mac is a highly effective multi-sensory software solution for supporting students who struggle with reading and writing. Designed with maximum simplicity, adaptability and flexibility, students of any age and level of ability will have a world of information unlocked through ClaroRead.
As ClaroRead Plus is closely integrated with Microsoft Word and Safari, practically any text can be spoken aloud by this powerful software. With ClaroRead Plus, you can also scan any paper document and have it spoken back with complete clarity.
For more information, view the datasheet by clicking here.
- Students can also benefit from the addition of included visual tools that colour, highlight and focus on difficult to read text as it is spoken by the computer.
- Words can also be spoken back as they are typed, ensuring the accuracy of written papers, tests, and study notes.
- Text-to-Speech helps users who have difficulty reading and writing
- Microsoft Word integration allowing users to carry on using their preferred document writing software package but being able to have additional functions through ClaroRead
- Font & Spacing helps to arrange and colour the user's Word document in the way they wish
- Homophones, Spellings and Meanings ensures users have used the correct words
- Word Prediction helps users with typing
- Scan Paper & PDF enables users to scan documents into accessible formats to be read back by ClaroRead
- ScreenRuler, an on-screen ruler follows the mouse focussing the eye on the active area of the screen
- Claroview, a screen colour overlay – tints the computer screen for easier viewing
- Mac OS X version 10.4 (Tiger), 10.5 (Leopard) or 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
- ClaroRead and Acapela voices work on both Intel and PowerPC Macs, however CereProc voices only work on Intel Macs.
- 1GB RAM
- 100MB of disk space for ClaroRead
- DVD drive
- Microsoft Word 2011, 2008 or 2004 for Mac
- Highlight word by word requires Apple OSX 10.5 or later
ClaroRead Plus has all the features of ClaroRead Standard but with the added capability to convert scanned documents and PDF/image files into text using the integrated OmniPage 16 Scan and OCR engine, echoes text dictated using Dragon NaturallySpeaking speech recognition software (not supplied within the package), and includes 2 additional voices – Sangeeta (Indian English) and William (British English - UK Edition only).
You are able to upgrade from version 3 to version 4. An overview of cost is given below.
From v3 Standard to v4 Standard = £20.00 ex VAT.
From v3 Plus to v4 Plus = £35.00 ex VAT.
Please contact us for these Upgrade Editions.