ClaroRead Pro is the latest edition to the ClaroRead for PC range. ClaroRead Pro includes powerful new technology that will scan and convert any publication into an editable PDF that can be read out loud with colour highlighting. ClaroRead Pro ensures that any scanned or inaccessible document will be perfectly reproduced with all pictures, diagrams, columns and text intact.
As ClaroRead Pro is closely integrated with Microsoft Word and Internet Explorer, practically any text can be spoken aloud by this powerful software. ClaroRead can assist in delivering high quality documents by using the scanned proofreading capability
Users can also benefit from the addition of included visual tools that colour, highlight and focus on difficult to read text as it is spoken by the computer. Words can also be spoken back as they are typed, ensuring the accuracy of written papers, tests and study notes.
ClaroRead Pro is easy to use and provides the perfect integrated text to speech tool for use with Microsoft Office 2003, 2007 and 2010. ClaroRead Pro works on Windows 7, Windows Vista and XP.
ClaroRead Pro has all the features of ClaroRead Plus and also includes ScreenRuler and ClaroCapture. To compare the features between the versions of ClaroRead download the ClaroRead for PC Comparison Chart
The range of additional voices in over 20 languages is also helpful for those learning an additional language.
ClaroRead Pro Features
As well as including all the features found in ClaroRead Plus, ClaroRead Pro features improved scanning and proofing options. ClaroRead Pro allows users to read a book on-screen exactly as it would appear if the text were in their hands. ClaroRead Pro scans and converts any publication into an on-screen PDF that can be read out loud in a human sounding voice within Adobe Reader with full colour highlighting. New PDF unlocking features and OCR proofing capabilities have further boosted ClaroRead’s power. ClaroRead Pro is the simplest and most affordable way to get any newspaper, magazine, novel or leaflet online in its original format – for everyone to read and listen.
ClaroRead Pro includes:
- Scanned word proofing feature will flag any word that the scanning software is unsure about for verification, improving the accuracy of the outputted document.
- Superior character matching to reduce editing time including font matching, font consolidation, size, bold, italics and colour background.
- Choose from a range of output options including Microsoft Word, ClaroRead PDF and HTML files.
- Save to iTunes functionality. If iTunes is installed on the PC, users can send selected text as audio files to iTunes. These files can be named, indexed and organised easily. The created audio files can be uploaded to an iPod or iPhone for listening on the go.
- Full Internet Explorer 9 Support.
ClaroRead Pro Preview Function
The ClaroRead Pro Preview function allows users to preview the document before it is proofread and converted. The Preview window can be used to edit the look and layout of the finished document.
The Preview window can:
- Add or delete images from the document.
- Add or delete text areas from the document.
- Setup the order that text is read back using ClaroRead Pro.
To find out more view the help video here.
ClaroRead Pro Scanned Word Proofing Function
The Scanned Word Proofing window allows users to proofread the document before it is saved. The proofing process verifies that the text character recognition has worked correctly. Any characters that may have been converted incorrectly will be flagged up for inspection.
The Scanned Word Proofing window can:
- Enable users to edit the converted document before saving.
- Automatically proofread the document and flag any words that may have been converted incorrectly.
Once the proofing process is complete the document can be saved in a variety of formats including:
- Claro PDF (.pdf)
- HTML document (.htm)
- Microsoft Excel documents (.xls + .xlsx)
- Microsoft Word documents (.doc, .docx)
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2007 (.pptx)
- Microsoft Reader (.lit)
- WordPad files (.rtf)
- Text Files (.txt)
- Unicode Text - Comma Separated (.csv)
- eBook (.opf)
- XML files (.xml)
- XPS files (.xps)
- Tag Image File (.tif)
- Windows Bitmap (.bmp)
- Multi-page PaintBrush (.dcx)
- CompuServe Bitmap (.gif)
- HD Photo Image (.hdp)
- JBIG 2 Bitmap (.jb2)
- JPEG 2000 Bitmap (.jp2)
- JPEG Bitmap (.jpg)
- PaperPort Image (.max)
- PaintBrush (.pcx)
- PDF Image (.pdf)
- Portable Network Graphics (.png)
- XPS Image (.xps)
- Windows 7, XP SP3, Vista SP2
- 1GB RAM
- 250MB hard disk space
- DVD drive
- Microsoft Word 2003,2007 or 2010
- Sound Card
- Scanner Supporting TWAIN or WIA Drivers required for Scan2Text scan from paper. Click here for a list of compatible scanners (select Omnipage 17)