Screen magnifier and screen reader for every visual impairment
(formerly known as SuperNova Access Suite)
SuperNova Magnifier's crystal clear magnification and a complete screen reader delivering unparalleled access to Windows:
- Create your perfect blend of magnifier, speech or screen reader to suit your unique sight requirements
- Integrates a professional magnifier and an intelligent screen reader in one simple, supported solution
- The best touchscreen magnification and speech for Windows
- Reads aloud characters and words as you type, boosting confidence, accuracy and productivity
- Natural voices read and describe documents, emails and web pages
- Supports a wide range of Braille displays
- Scan and read (OCR) your paper documents or inaccessible PDFs
- Supports Windows 7, 8.1 and 10, tablet, laptop and desktop computers
Buying Options: download & buy online; or purchase a boxed product, portable Dolphin Pen, upgrade, trade-in, multi-user licence or Software Maintenance Agreement (SMA).
What's New in v16?
SuperNova 16 includes a host of new and innovative features spoecifically designed for people with visual impairments:
New Dolphin Pen – Choose SuperNova 16 on a Dolphin Pen and enjoy instant magnification for any PC, in your pocket! The new ‘Guest mode’ needs no installation, but instantly delivers magnification, colours, highlights, speech, Braille & more on the go!
- Instant, hassle free access
- No installation, driver, activation or authorisation required
- Ideal for visiting clients, friends or the library
- No need for Administrator password; use with any Guest Account
- Offers HD Magnification, colours, highlights, speech, Braille & more
- Compatible with Windows 7, 8.1 or 10 PCs
New Control Panel – Clear, easy to see, easy to learn. The updated SuperNova control panel magnifies beautifully with no pixilation, so it’s always perfectly crisp and easy on the eye.
New ‘Media’ tab - SuperNova’s most unique entertainment, Scan & Read and Book access features have been brought together under a new Media tab:
Scan & Read – Scan and hear documents read aloud.
Books – Read books and newspapers with direct access to RNIB Newsagent, NLS BARD, NFB-NEWSLINE®, Bookshare®, CELA, Passend Lezen, Legimus and many more.
News – Read the latest news headlines from your favourite source with hundreds to choose from.
Radio – Play your preferred radio station or find a new favourite.
Podcasts – Listen to your podcasts, hassle free.
User Profiles – Perhaps you’re a mouse user finding SuperNova too talkative? Or a deafblind user who wants braille with visual highlighting? SuperNova’s new profiles allow you to quickly set the amount of speech feedback without having to change multiple settings.
- New in version 16, SuperNova provides a number of ready-made profiles that allow you to quickly tailor SuperNova’s features to suit you, without having to make multiple individual setting changes.
- If you’re a mouse user finding SuperNova too talkative, or a deafblind user who wants braille with visual highlighting, the new profiles allow you to quickly set the amount of speech feedback without having to change multiple settings in SuperNova’s control panel.
- Organisations supporting users with a range of visual impairments will find SuperNova’s new profiles help your clients find their preferred SuperNova blend of magnification, speech and Braille more quickly.
- Trainers or assessors - use the profiles to simulate different editions of SuperNova and choose what’s best for your client. Together with the Dolphin Pen, this lets you take any edition of SuperNova to any client.
Quick Scan & Read – read instantly from your camera, scanner or clipboard with a single keypress.
SuperNova 16 brings all of SuperNova’s newest reading features conveniently together into one essential hotkey.
- Press CAPSLOCK + O and SuperNova will scan & read from your camera, scanner or clipboard.
- Open a PDF and find it’s an image? No problem. Press CAPSLOCK + O and SuperNova instantly scans & reads the PDF back.
- Friends sharing funny memes? No problem. CAPSLOCK + O and SuperNova will read any text to you.
- Paper document that urgently needs reading? Place it under your camera and with the same hotkey, SuperNova will scan & read it back.
Orbit 20 Braille Reader support – supporting affordable braille from the Royal National Institute of Blind People, Canadian National Institute for the Blind, National Federation of the Blind, The Norwegian Association of the Blind and Partially Sighted, Perkins School for the Blind, Sightsavers & Vision Australia.
SuperNova Enterprise – Our newly introduced SuperNova edition - SuperNova Enterprise - supports remote access to networks running Citrix and Remote Desktop Services and includes new support for Server 2012 and client access to all editions of SuperNova and ScreenReader.
UEB Braille Improvements for Foreign Characters - Students using Unified English Braille (UEB) that are learning a foreign language now have UEB support for foreign accents.
Core Support Features:
* Magnification from 2x – 60x
* Fractional Magnification (less than 4x)
* 8 Magnifier views
* 23 Pre-set colour schemes
* Highlighting options
* Document reader
* Hooked areas
* Magnifies at Log On
* Multiple monitor support
* High quality human voices
* Character / Word Echo
* Announce text under mouse
* Computer & Literary Braille Grades 1 & 2
* Supports Physical & Logical Brailler
* Available as a Download, USB or Boxed edition
* Upgrade from all previous SuperNova editions
Additional Details and Benefits
For full feature and benefit details, please refer to our detailed guide to SuperNova Access Suite.
Can I try before I buy?
Yes, we can supply demo CDs of SuperNova. Pleasecontact us to request a demo CD. Please note that the demo will feature all of SuperNova features, some not available in SuperNova Screen Reader. Ensure you read thedifferences between each SuperNova editionto find the most suitable product for your requirements.
Can I upgrade from other versions?
Yes, discounted upgrade routes are available. We will require the original licence number for you to be eligible. You can upgrade from any previous edition of SuperNova. You may also be eligible for a discounted conversion by trading in your old copies of ZoomText!
Can I install this on multiple machines?
No. Upon activation, you register your software serial number with your chosen serial number. Activation can be performed three times for SuperNova. An activation cannot be removed or restored which is why you get a “backup”, and why after activations are renewed after six months. An activation is not lost if your reformat your computer.
Should you need to utilize SuperNova magnifier on multiple machines, we recommend selecting the Mobile USB option in the drop down boxes below. This will run SuperNova via the USB on any USB enabled PC.
For ultimate inclusivity, consider implementing a SuperNova Magnifier site licence.
SMAs (Software Maintenance Agreements)
For home users and individuals, an SMA entitles you to two consecutive upgrades for the price of one. For business and educational purchases, an SMA entitles you to free upgrades for 12 months from the date of purchase.
SMAs may only be purchased with a new product or with an upgrade.
SuperNova Magnifier & Screen Reader System Requirements:
|Computer & Processor
1.5 gigahertz (GHz) or faster x86 or x64 compatible processor with SSE2 instruction set support. Almost all CPUs manufactured after 2003 will support this.
||2 gigabytes(GB) RAM
||5.0 gigabytes (GB) available
The following operating systems are supported:
- Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Windows 8.1 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Windows 10 (32-bit or 64-bit)
||Windows 7 requires Windows Update KB2670838
||Minimum screen resolution of 800*600
Windows 7: No specific requirements.
Windows 8.1/10: Graphics adaptor that supports at least DirectX 9.1 and has a WDDM 1.1+ driver. GPU should be integrated (shared system memory) or have a minimum 128MB of GPU RAM.
32-bit colour mode is required.
|Video Adaptor limitations
||External USB attached display adaptors are not supported.
Windows 8.1/10 – for Multiple monitor support, all monitors must be connected to the same graphics card.
||Sound card and speakers/headphones for speech output.
||Any standard pointing device (mouse/trackpad)
||Internet connection required for automatic product updates
||Internet Download or installation from DVD.
Connectivity: Internet connection for product activation and downloadable content/updates
If you are registered blind / visually impaired, you are elligible for a £140.00 discount plus VAT exemption. Please contact usprior to purchasing.