The MALTRON EXPANDED keyboard has been robustly designed with a strong steel construction to withstand heavy use, and a nylon coating for a smooth wipe-clean surface. It provides enhanced access for physically disabled and visually impaired users.
The large (23cm x 62cm) surface area and built in key guard are designed to reduce keyboard errors, enabling a higher work rate as a result of more accurate typing and data input
It has large, clear characters and key labels - black on white for alphanumeric and cursor keys, black on pink for function keys and black on yellow for control keys (alternative options are available if required).
The keyboard may also be placed on the floor or fixed at the foot of a bed to be used by toes.
· Extra SPACE keys for easier access
· Sticky shift keys - these keys remain active until another key is pressed, eliminating the need to use two hands
· Indicator LED's - All Control, Alt, Shift and Lock keys have lights to inform the user of status
· A Shift Lock key - this key is provided to allow the shift function to be locked on
· Variable repeat rate - allows the repeat rate to be turned off, or set at one of three speeds via the keyboard, subject to software
· Extra keyboard socket - allows a standard keyboard to be connected to the expanded keyboard, and then used alongside simply by toggling a switch
· QWERTY and FOU (Frequency of use) Letter layouts. The FOU layout, which reduces hand movement to a minimum, may be selected by a button on the rear and the key tops relocated by taking off the top cover. Layout diagrams are included in the handbook. Supplied set up with Qwerty (Default) or FOU layout as requested
· Angle Adjustment. The front slope angle can be changed from 13 to 53 degrees in 10 degree steps, by fitting the end plates supplied to give the preferred angle.
· Size (mm): 630 x 250 x 8 (or 20 depending on elevation)
· Weight: 6.25kg
· Connectivity: PS/2 or PS/2 with USB adapter
· Cable length: 1.9m
· Compatibility: PC