Read & Write 7 GOLD for MAC is the world's leading literacy support software designed to assist users of all ages who require extra assistance when reading or composing text. The software provides users with dyslexia, literacy difficulties and ESL (English as a Second Language) with literacy support throughout their education, from primary through to tertiary level and into the workplace.
Read & Write 7 GOLD for MAC offers support functionality frequently absent in mainstream OS X applications. In addition, it provides a host of study features to assist any user with research and composition. The easy to use toolbar that "floats" on top of any open application.
The software works discreetly with all mainstream OS X applications. This offers users the opportunity to work in an inclusive manner alongside their peers and colleagues.
Version 7 has many new features and enhancements including:
- Web Reading and Highlighting in Safari, Chrome and Firefox.
- Google Doc Support within Chrome.
- New Fact Folder feature.
- Supported operating Systems 10.7, 10.8 and 10.9.
- Improved look and feel.
- New toolbar customisation feature.
- Speed and stability improvements.
- Spelling engine accuracy improved
- Speech features available for full screen Ms Word or Web Browsers
- Prediction and Spell Checking enhancements
Core Support Features
* Picture Dictionary
* Verb Checker
* Vocabulary Tool
* Spell Checking
* Homophone Support
* Word Prediction
* Web Highlighting
* Talking Dictionary
* DAISY Reader
* Study Skills Toolbar
* Scanning / OCR
* Screenshot Reader
* Screen Masking
* Speech Maker
* PDF Aloud
* Research Tools / Fact Finder
Can I try before I buy?
Yes, we can supply a demo of Read & Write for MAC. Please firstname.lastname@example.org call us to request.
Video Guides - Click camera to view
Study Skills Toolbar
Scanning / OCR
Research / Fact Finder
Can I install this on multiple machines?
Not for single copies. They are one installation per machine. If you are needing textHELP Read & Write GOLD for more than one user, we recommended implementing asite licence. These can be very cost effective when priced per user and ensures ultimate inclusivity across a college, school, or work place computer network.
If you are simply wishing to use textHELP Read & Write GOLD at home and then at school or work, we recommend obtaining atextHELP Work and Home licence.
Alternatively, to use textHELP Read & Write wherever you require it, aUSB Mobile version is also available.
Minimum System Requirement
* Intel Core 2 Duo
* 1.83 GHz processor
* MAC OS 10.7 or above
* 4 GB RAM
* 4 GB of free disk space
* Speakers, Sound Card,
* Internet connection required for download, activation and for certain features
* PDF Aloud requires Adobe Reader or Acrobat version or above
* Optional: 300 MB disk space for Texthelp Voices