Buy with confidence - Enabling Technology Ltd. are approved Nuance partners.
The price for this product includes a mandatory 1st year support and maintenance agreement from Nuance. Please see the tab above for more information.
When you buy Nuance Dragon products from Enabling Technology Ltd., you may be assured that you are purchasing from an approved Nuance dealer.
PLEASE NOTE: Customers should be aware of companies selling American versions of Nuance Dragon products in the UK. To identify a full UK version, the product code starts with "K809X" (Dragon Professional Individual 15). Products starting with "K809A" are American versions, which means they contain American vocabulary and terminology. You will not achieve desirable results with the American version, which is why it is extremely important to purchase Nuance Dragon products from a Nuance Approved Partner.
Dragon Medical Practice Edition is an easy-to-install, easy-to-use transcription solution that makes it easier for clinicians to document care into the electronic patient record (EPR) by using their voice. This method is five times faster than typing and time savings of an hour or more each day are realistic. It differs from non-medical speech recognition by supporting more than 60 specialised medical vocabularies for British English.
Benefits of Dragon Medical 4
Electronic Patient Record Compatibility Updates
One of the most important updates to Dragon Medical V4 is the newly-supported text field edit control system. If you dictate into EPR fields that are encoded with these controls (where you previously had to use the Dictation Box), you may discover that you can now dictate without it.
Pricing includes product upgrades and technical support for the first year. Support and maintenance agreements are available for the second and subsequent years. Please contact us if you require further information regarding this.
Added Text Control in Chrome and Internet Explorer
If the Dragon software has full text control in the field where your mouse is clicked, you can dictate, make corrections, and use auto-text commands. Additionally, there is a new Dragon Medical V4 web extension available for both Chrome and Internet Explorer. This could add full text control functionality for your EMR if it uses either of these browsers although results aren't guaranteed at the time of writing.
Increased Dictation Accuracy
Because Nuance is harnessing the power of artificial intelligence, Dragon dictation software now incorporates deep learning as the foundation of its speech and language processing. You may see some significant benefits, including:
- An overall accuracy boost of 14%
- An increase in contextual accuracy, based on the robust new language model Dragon Medical v4 uses when analyzing your phrases as you dictate
- Training individual words leads to better recognition more immediately.
Easier to Use
- There are updates to the user interface, including a redesigned and optimized DragonBar and a reorganized options menu.
- When creating a new profile, you don’t need to do any reading. Dragon has impressive accuracy right out of the box.
- If you have multiple profiles on one computer, you can set a default profile to open when you open Dragon.
- Dragon Medical V4 now uses less of your computer processor resources, so you may find that your computer runs better than when using Dragon Medical V2 or V3.
- You are now prompted to choose a microphone from the ones you have plugged into your computer, instead of having to manually add them to your profile.
- Automatic gain control keeps you from having to focus on how loudly you speak, or whether you’re holding the microphone at an ideal distance.
- Internal microphones are now supported, which means you can dictate directly into your laptop or tablet. However, we would emphasise that a Nuance approved external microphone is usually more dependable and accurate.
Transcribe Other Voices
Though the new Dragon dictation app can’t transcribe multiple voices in one recording, it does allow you to transcribe other people’s voices without having to create a new profile for each one. For example, Dragon can transcribe the recording of a patient's voice.
Please be aware however, that you would require an additional license to dictate and transcribe patient voices.
Supported Applications and Environments
Here’s a list of applications and environments that are now supported in Dragon Medical v4:
- Microsoft® Server 2016
- Citrix® XenApp / XenDesktop 7.6 up to 7.15
- Corel® WordPerfect X8
- Skype® for Business 2016
There are some changes to Dragon Medical v4:
- Auto-punctuation has been removed.
- The Dragon Remote Microphone is no longer supported.
- Firefox is no longer supported.
- The release notes do indicate some known issues. Be sure to review them with your reseller.
- Separate transcription sources have been removed, so if you need to pair the Dragon dictation software with another supported application, there is a workaround. Please contact us for more information.
If you have Dragon Medical Practice Edition V2 or V3, you can purchase an upgrade license for version 4 at a discounted price. Once you have the software, you can install it over Dragon Medical V2 or V3.
If you do not have Dragon Medical V3 or V3, a full license will be required. In this case, it will be necessary to uninstall any existing Dragon Medical software before installing version 4.
- Improved efficiency. It is no longer necessary to wait for transcribed reports.
- Reduced transcription and documentation costs. Using speech recognition technology, clinicians dictate, edit and sign medical records at the point of care, realising significant savings in transcription costs.
- Spend more time with patients. Increased accuracy means fewer errors to correct, which allows clinicians to spend more time with patients, improving both quality of care and patient satisfaction.
- Improved documentation. Documentation generated via Dragon Medical speech recognition technology is of higher quality than notes built by point-and-click Electronic Health Record templates.
- Secure patient information. Dragon Medical Practice Edition supports U.K. Data Protection Act patient confidentiality guidelines.